Perfectly located on the banks of the river and a stones throw to the Botanic Gardens, the Stamford Plaza is Brisbane’s finest 5 Star luxury Hotel and the flagship for Stamford Hotels & Resorts. Our unique location is second to none in the Brisbane market, with all 252 guest rooms featuring stunning river views. The Hotel houses eight magnificent function rooms used to hold an array of Corporate, Special Events & Weddings and additionally hosts a variety of busy food and beverage outlets. To find out more about us and to see what we have to offer please visit our website: www.stamford.com.au/spb.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking an experienced and professional Chief Engineer to manage and oversee all aspects of property maintenance and improvements across our 252-room hotel. As part of the senior management team you will report directly to the General Manager and be responsible for a team of professional trade and support staff, this is a hands on role which will see you in the operations daily with your team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading your team to plan and carry out preventative maintenance and general repairs throughout the Hotel ensuring the highest standards are maintained
- Prepare and submit capex proposals and manage capex projects
- Liaising closely with other departments to ensure minimal impact of repairs and maintenance on the operations
- Training your staff and sharing your expertise to improve the overall team’s skill set
- Liaising closely with the Hotel Manager to ensure the Hotel upholds OH&S and fire safety regulations
- Coordination of external contractors as required, including obtaining quotes, raising purchase orders and ensuring work is completed in an agreed time frame and within adherence to hotel safety standards
- Designing and implementing solutions to improve energy management and conservation
- Preparing monthly maintenance reporting
- Researching, recommending and liaising with the Hotel Manager regarding procedures to improve the overall efficiency of the department
- Carrying out project work as required and/or as requested by the Hotel Manager
- Active participation in the implementation and adherence to all Work Health & Safety policies and practices.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Chief Engineer
- Trade qualification(s) are essential
- A degree in either electrical or mechanical engineering is highly desirable
- Previous experience in a large scale hotel Engineering department is desirable
- Previous experience in managing large scale capex projects
- Strong management and teamwork capabilities
- Previous experience in with a PMS – Property Management System
- High level of communication and computer literacy skills
Culture and Benefits:
Our 'Knight's Head' Logo is conceived from our founder Sir Stamford's family crest and symbolises the core values that unify all members of our company. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we therefore strive to reward, retain and develop passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. As a team member with us you can expect to receive;
- Excellent Salary Package & Employee Benefits
- Food & beverage discounts in all F&B outlets within the Hotels
- Discounted accommodation throughout Stamford Hotels & Resort
- Car Parking at the Hotel
- Subsidised Staff meals
- Dry Cleaning
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the drive, skills and experience to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button to be re-directed to our website http://www.stamford.com.au/careers/job-vacancies where you can complete our application.
You must be an Australian Resident to apply or have Visa Rights to work in Australia.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you do not hear from us please assume that you have been unsuccessful at this stage. We will however keep your details on file for other suitable positions that may arise in the next 3 months.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.