Director of Sales & Marketing
About the business and the role
As Australasia's leading owner and operator of landmark luxury hotels, Stamford Hotels and Resorts are committed to exceeding the highest expectations of excellence of all our guests and therefore have a proud history of providing excellence in service and product.
We are seeking a dynamic and passionate Director of Sales & Marketing to join our team at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, a 5 star, 314 room hotel featuring extensive meeting and conferencing facilities (11 meeting rooms), Argentinean restaurant and a bar, an outdoor cafe and a busy 24 hours room service operation.
The ideal candidate for this role will come from a Sales & Marketing background in the hospitality industry who is looking for the next step in their career!
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity that plays a vital role in our organisation. The right candidate for this role will be responsible for planning and managing the overall Sales & Marketing and digital plan of the hotel to achieve optimal occupancy to maximize hotel's revenue and meet the hotel profit targets.
This role will focus on the continued development of our strategic Sales & Marketing vision and building key client relationships for the success of the business.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Oversee and directing all aspects of the Sales force to ensure the hotel meets or exceeds the annual sales budget.
- Ensure the greatest possible exposure of the hotel and its facilities to all potential and existing markets
- Review, development and execution of the marketing strategy and digital plan for the hotel
- Manage/direct all advertising, public relations and promotional activities
- Drive total hotel revenue including banquet and catering, room rental and resource revenue, all Food and Beverage revenue.
- Increase business from existing channels while creating new business development opportunities
The ideal candidate will be
- A self-starter who is highly driven, persistent and adaptable to change
- A passionate and career driven professional looking for the next step in their career
- A highly organized individual who has a strong ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills and networking abilities
- Good judgement and decision making skills
- Collaborative leader with a strategic and analytical focus
- Demonstrate leadership skills to motivate, coach and develop a team
Employees of Stamford Hotels and Resorts are entitled to many outstanding benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please forward your application (covering letter and CV) via the link below. Please note we will ONLY be contacting candidates who are successful for an interview.
The successful applicant must hold or be willing to obtain a National Police Clearance.
Stamford Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer