Graphic Designer - Maternity Leave position
A great Australian success story, Pillow Talk are game changers in retail. We are one of Australia's largest family owned and operated retail businesses, with 40 years of experience under our belt. From humble beginnings in a small Brisbane store, we now have 58 stores (and counting) across Queensland, New South Wales, the ACT and Victoria.
At our core, we're a large company with a very personal, small business feel, and our friendly community spirit is something that influences our day-to-day operations. Our close-knit team are passionate about our business, and we are passionate about them too. We provide comprehensive training for staff to grow in their current roles and invaluable opportunities to build long term careers within Pillow Talk.
Joining the Pillow Talk family would give you the opportunity to get involved in the world of home styling and interior decoration. Our products are high fashion and high quality, with a great price point, and our team are committed to designing, sourcing and delivering the very best styles to our customers. At every level of our company, you'll be working with talented and experienced individuals, in an inspiring, creative and energetic work environment.
The Opportunity (11 month Maternity leave contract position)
Full Time/ 38 hours
Awaits…… for a passionate and energetic graphic designer to work within a highly fashionable retail environment, with substantial focus on catalogues as well as a digital and social requirement.
This is an opportunity to work within our innovative business, which continues to embrace change and great ideas from our creative team, while showcasing the latest in what's on trend and required by the market.
You have a love of cushions and all forms of home decoration. You understand how our predominantly female customer would shop, what would make her shop for homewares and the language, visual and verbal, that she will respond to, while continuing to grow our male customer base.
You would be able to show at least 5 years' experience.
You would possess and be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of printing processes and super proficiency in Adobe CS Cloud - In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat in a PC Platform.
You are great at leading a team, have an excellent eye for detail and flair for merchandising.
You live and breathe the creative and design space. This shows in your genuine enthusiasm about the Pillow Talk brand and our position in the market.
Above all else, you are creative, results-driven and a motivated team player!
Here's what you would do
- Work with internal stake holders to ensure our media collateral is the best it can be and meets everyone's brief and expectations.
- Creation of and collaboration on the Pillow Talk catalogues
- Magazine and newspapers page layouts
- Point of sale materials such as store tickets, banners and in store signage and concepts
- The creation of new packaging from concept through to finished art
- Production of EDM's home page banners and any other imagery ready for online, prepare images for TV, internet, and catalogues
- Maintain archives of artwork effectively
- Website, FTP, and quickcut knowledge will be highly regarded but not necessary.
What else would be required.
- Willing to take on a maternity leave position for approximately 11 months - (around 20th February 2018 contract end)
- Excellent communication with proficient writing skills
- Flexibility – accepting changes and direction based on commercial values.
- Not averse to taking direction, but also capable of owning a job.
- Ability to work within the corporate identity.
- Ability to liaise with key people to insure tight deadlines are met.
- Able to work autonomously.
- Manage large volumes of work from concept to print.
- Keen eye for detail.
This is an exciting role for anyone with a passion for creativity, colour and home wares.
In return we will offer you an exciting career opportunity with plenty of room for diversification and the opportunity to play a key role in our business. You will be joining a Brisbane-based team who are passionate about our brand and industry.
Please submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), as well as samples from your portfolio in PDF format. Applicants will be asked to demonstrate their abilities in the above mentioned computer packages.