Head Chef - Functions
Head Chef - Functions
Mona - Museum of Old and New Art
Mona is growing and with the projects we have on the horizon, we're looking to build a team that will meet our future challenges. Under the leadership of Executive Chef Vince Trim, you will lead by example in a kitchen that services the Wine Bar, Café and Functions as well as any on-site or off-site events such as the MOFO and Dark MOFO. Oh yeah, and you'll also get the chance to cook with open fire in our Heavy Metal Kitchen.
You will be a resilient and adaptable operator, with the ability to work in a fast-paced and continually changing environment. With a commitment to leading, training and developing a team, you'll be well versed in a variety of cooking techniques, and will have a fine eye for detail to ensure every dish is immaculately presented.
- You'll be experienced in servicing a range of function sizes, from 10 to 1000 people
- You've developed your skills broadly and you know what's needed for different functions, such as canapé, sit down, buffet, formal, casual, weddings, corporate, artistic events and churrasco
- Creating individual and exceptional experiences for guests is why you want to be here and why we want you to lead the team
- You're a natural leader in the kitchen, know what it takes to maintain staff morale and performance and will jump at the opportunity to mentor and collaborate with your colleagues
- You're also going to develop new menus - have you been looking for the chance to express your creativity and artistic flair?
- In collaboration with the Executive Chef, you'll also need to contribute to determining operational targets, including food costs, wage costs and expenses
- And you'll need to know how to develop rosters, maintain assets, manage stock levels and ensure kitchen presentation reflects Mona's high standards
- You've been in the game for a while, you'll bring a broad range of experience in commercial cookery, as well as new ideas and a willingness to embrace a unique environment
- You've also been in a leadership role before and know how to get the most from your team, while ensuring everyone has fun along the way
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, remain calm under pressure and enjoy the challenge of a role where no two days are the same
- You've got a diverse and broad knowledge of different cuisines, and you're willing to share this knowledge and learn a few new things along the way
- And you'll be great with running the day to day, maintaining stock levels and developing rosters, so you'll have more time to express your creativity in menu development and maintaining product standards
Does this sound like you? Then we'd love to get to know you. Let's talk. Please apply via https://mona.net.au/connect/employment.
Applications close 30 April 2017