Law Clerk - Brisbane CBD
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 650+ dedicated, professional staff who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference. We are fortunate to work with people across a range of personal injury litigation matters and in Parramatta we are committed to being a key part of the local community. Our local team members hold strong relationships with the region and its clients. This means that Shine is a law firm willing to tackle multi-nationals or explore home grown issues in the fight for justice. Here is the link to some of our Personal Injury success stories. https://www.shine.com.au/media-centre/client-stories/
Due to significant growth within the business, a role has become available for a passionate Law Clerk who would like to be part of a high-performing team that strongly believes in being ahead of the pack and in daring to be different. Ideally, you will use your excellent time management skills to right wrong for our clients expeditiously and will use your excellent communication skills to negotiate the best outcome for our clients in a commercially responsible way. The Shine Direct Team is exciting, fast paced and goal driven. The successful candidate will be part of a highly successful team, will be able fine tune their knowledge and skills and will open doors for their career advancement within our firm.
- Working across a public liability and motor vehicle accident portfolio of existing matters, provide clients with legal advice and representation to assist them to right wrong
- Interpret legal advice to each client’s particular case to suit their level of understanding
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients and external parties
- Effectively assess claims and negotiate with clients and external parties
- Draft legal correspondence and pre-court documentation
- Manage and run a mix file load from commencement to conclusion
- Assist the Department Manager with continuous improvement initiatives
- Brisbane CBD-based
- Previous experience as a law clerk/senior paralegal is ideal
- Successfully completed first and second year of law degree or hold solid experience in managing personal injuries claims for an insurer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and problem solve with strong attention to detail
- Experience drafting legal documentation is preferred
- Strong relationship building skills and experience working in teams
- Demonstrated negotiation and advocacy skills
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do.
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application.