Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, our habits and values mean we’re a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 650+ dedicated, professional staff who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are proud to have a strong team of experienced professionals working in all corporate service functions from our Head Office in the Brisbane CBD. These teams work alongside the legal staff of Shine to progress and grow our practice via our 40+ offices across Australia. Due to growth we now have an exciting opportunity within our experienced and creative IT Team for a SQL Developer.
Reporting to our IT Operations Manager, this role plays an important part in contributing towards the overall success of the implementation, and ongoing support, of our legal case management and financial management systems. The SQL Developer role works closely with Shine Lawyers’ IT Infrastructure, Service Desk, and Application Support Teams. The environment is based on a range of Microsoft technologies. Technologies include Microsoft SQL 2008, 2012, and 2014. SQL servers are underpinned by Windows Server 2012 and 2008 which are supported and administered by the Infrastructure team.
- Creation of SQL queries, functions, and stored procedures
- .NET object-oriented programming (C#)
- Input into database design, maintenance, and backup processes
- Perform quality checks on reports and data exports as required
- Design and develop reports based on business requirements
- Manage electronic data interfaces
- Database modelling
- Perform quality checks on reports and exports
- Monitor job queues as required
- Develop new SSIS/SSR packages as required
- Create and maintain documentation
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Experience working with SQL Server 2008/2012/2014
- Current knowledge of, and/or certification in, core Microsoft technologies;
- Structured thinking and an analytical approach to problem investigation and resolution;
- Great verbal communication and very well developed documentation skills;
- Skills and experience in managing vendors to deliver outcomes and resolve issues within contracted parameters;
- Experience working with Visual Studio
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application.