People & Culture Advisor
Come and right wrong with us. Shine Lawyers is a non-traditional law firm committed to providing justice for our clients and standing up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 650+ dedicated, professional people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
Part of the wider People & Culture team and working within a true Business Partner model, our team has a wealth of legal industry knowledge as well as a strong background in key Human Resources practices. We have significant experience in Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition and Employee Relations, creating the opportunity for individual development through peer learning. We are currently seeking an eager and client focused People & Culture Advisor to join our dedicated and enthusiastic People & Culture team, on a full time, permanent basis.
As part of the Business Partnering team, this role will both report to, and support, a Senior People & Culture Business Partner, across a portfolio of local and interstate clients. This role requires you to take on a hands on approach, through the provision of accurate and timely advice to your client group on a range of services including policies and procedures, performance management, and disciplinary matters.
You will also be responsible for providing generalist support to the Senior People & Culture Business Partner through general administration requirements, drafting correspondence and providing accurate reporting for your portfolio. Supporting the business with recruitment requirements will also be a critical component of the role.
Success in this role will require you to build strong relationships with key stakeholders with a focus on ensuring close alignment of People & Culture objectives to your client group goals. You will also be heavily involved in the delivery of key initiatives and general operational projects, including the total reward framework and salary review process, succession planning and goal setting, among many others.
This is an ideal role for a candidate with experience in an Advisor role, who is keen to grow and develop by working closely with an experienced Senior Business Partner.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in a similar human resources role is essential, ideally in a professional services environment
- Previous experience in drafting correspondence, including policies and ER related documentation
- Thorough knowledge of current human resources principles and trends
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong working relationships
- Excellent written communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- The drive to use your initiative to support the People & Culture team, and provide a high level of service to your client group
- Ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple matters simultaneously
- Those candidates with a qualification in human resources, or currently studying, are encouraged to apply, but this is not essential for success
Please note that regular intrastate and some interstate travel is required in this role.
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program
- A progressive and supportive working environment