Legal Operations Assistant
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we’re a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 650+ dedicated, professional staff who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
Our 40 busy offices across Australia continue to progress and grow their practices aiming for the best results for their clients. Due to an internal movement, we now have a 9 month fixed term opportunity for a committed, client focused and enthusiastic Legal Operations Assistant.
This role provides executive support to our busy General Manager of Victoria, as well as undertaking a variety of project focussed duties. Primarily based in the Melbourne CBD branch, however you will need to be agile to attend our other 6 Victorian branches, including regional branches such as Ballarat and Geelong. This role suits an enthusiastic, dedicated and motivated individual, who can be flexible when priorities change, and who has the maturity of mind to assist our clients in times of need.
- Complex diary and travel management ensuring that the schedule remains accurate and is adhered to as necessary
- Assisting with client management, including acting as an escalation point for high-need customers
- Mailbox and phone screening management and support
- Establishing communication processes between key stakeholders internally and externally
- Prioritise and ensure that reports, business papers and correspondence are dealt with efficiently and promptly.
- Managing the GM’s filing system
- Meeting administration including coordinating and collating briefs, meeting documentation, facilities, reports, minute taking and handling of action items
- Organising functions/training sessions and other work related events, including arrangements for travel and accommodation for attendees as required
- Prepare and proof read documentation (e.g. PowerPoint presentations) for meetings and training sessions as required
- Assistance in preparation of reports for General Manager
- Monthly credit card reconciliation
- Communication with key stakeholders, including Defendant firms and insurers
- Demonstrated experience supporting a busy manager, ideally within the professional services industry
- Exposure to or experience within a legal firm is highly desirable (but not essential for success)
- Intermediate to advanced software experience with various office computer packages
- Ability to manage deadlines and prioritise work
- Excellent attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Capable of managing competing deadlines and requirements from various stakeholders
- Strong verball and written communication skills
- Ability to multi skill in a fast paced environment
- Excellent client handling skills, committed to the utmost in customer service
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application