Support Coordinator - Fixed Term
Macarthur Disability Services (MDS) has been providing support to people with a disability, the frail aged and their carers for over 30 years. We actively promote the rights and aspirations of people with a disability to enrich lives and roles in the community through the provision of choice, opportunity and innovative service design.
We take great pride in what we do at MDS, and we work to foster for our employee’s a culture of integrity and honesty, accountability, equality and social justice, continuous improvement and a strength based approach, in line with the MDS values.
MDS believes our mission purpose is dependent on the collective efforts of our diverse workforce. MDS aims to use a competency based management strategy for Human Resources practices and to develop motivated teams who are driven, skilled and trained.
MDS offers a rewarding career with:
- Flexible Work practices
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Above award conditions
- Salary packaging
- Multiple program sites close to home
- Safe and Supportive work place that recognises and rewards individual achievement
About the Opportunity
MDS is seeking to employ a Support Coordinator. This is a new role to support people with a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan to connect to their communities and access a range of supports across one or more providers.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide varying degrees of coordination and transition supports for children, young people and adults with a disability
- Support implementation and identify options for all supports in the plan, including informal, mainstream and community, as well as funded supports.
- Strengthen and enhance the participant’s abilities to coordinate supports and participate in the community, reach decisions and develop agreements with support providers.
- Work within the funding levels allocated for each person and monitor and track billable hours.
The successful applicant will have:
- Certificate IV or higher in Community Services / disability work or Cert IV / Diploma in Case management and/or have extensive demonstrated experience in a Case Management or Care Coordination role (at least 2 x years or equivalent)
- Knowledge of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the disability sector
- High professionalism and experience working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders in formal and informal partnerships to achieve outcomes.
- High standard and ability to articulate information, factual and evidence based written reports.
- Drivers Licence
For more information about this role, a copy of the job description is available here.
As this a new role within the MDS the role may overtime be modified and amended to ensure it is meeting business needs.
The Position is on a fixed term full time flexi-time contract until January 2018. This role is covered under the SCHCADS Award Level 4 classification ($29.18-$32.16 per hour). Also offered is salary packaging, flexible working hours, mobile phone and leave loading.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below
Phone (02) 4621 8400 for further information.
Applications will not be considered unless application form is completed.
Applications close 9am, Monday 24 April 2017
It is essential that all applicants have the right to work in Australia. They must also have a current NSW driver’s license and access to their own vehicle. Applicants will be subject to a Criminal Record Check. MDS is an EEO Employer and a smoke free workplace.