Family Response Facilitator - Toowoomba
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community Services (MCS) exists to support and empower those who are poor, vulnerable, marginalised or in a position of disadvantage. We aim to be recognised as a leading provider and facilitator of quality, responsive community services.
Mercy Community Services (MCS) has supported children, young people, families and the Queensland community for over 100 years. At any point in time, our 800 MCS staff walk alongside more than 4000 people. Our capacity to work within the sector is evidenced by the types of programs we deliver with funding from Commonwealth, State, and Local Government departments over many years. In all our services, staff connect with a myriad of clients, professional stakeholders, and community representatives.
Family and Child Connect is a Queensland Government funded initiative aimed at ensuring vulnerable families and children have access to high-quality services at the right time to help them to maintain the family unit. Children and young people are at the centre of the system, with supported and supportive parents, families and communities.
Employed by Mercy Community Services and working with our partners, this role is based at our Toowoomba office. The position is responsible for quality service delivery to children, young people, families and the community within the Family and Child Connect Service.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in the fields related to this area of work e.g. Child Protection, Human Services, Social Work, Psychology.
- Previous experience working effectively across a range of service providers, both government and non-government, to negotiate high quality service provision to families who have complex issues.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant MCS procedure.
This Full Time position offers a competitive remuneration package of $65,198- $68,132 in line with level 5 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition for more information about who we are.
To apply please follow this link http://applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS347. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter. To see the position description please click here. Applicants will also be asked the Key Selection Criteria in the questions via the link.
Please apply immediately as we are seeking to fill this vacancy as soon as possible.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.