Foster Care Worker - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
Caboolture and Goodna
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Our Foster and Kinship Care team have exciting opportunities for highly motivated professionals to join our teams at our Goodna office and our Caboolture office.
This role is responsible for the provision of high quality support to foster and kinship carers to assist carers to meet the identified needs of the children and young people placed in care. This position will provide planned support, particularly to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander foster and kinship carers and/or children and young people in care, whilst ensuring their cultural needs are met. The position will play a key role in supporting MCS clients, to see more about this role please see the position description (click here).
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Minimum of a Diploma in Social Work, Human Services or related discipline or extensive experience within a similar role.
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Human Services or related discipline.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with children and families, particularly in assisting with the assessment, planning processes and support around the management of children with difficult behaviours.
- A highly developed understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated experience in the support and mentoring of children and young people in out of home care.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant MCS procedure.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- Sound understanding and knowledge of the Queensland child protection system.
It is essential that the person who holds the position be an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander person and it therefore a genuine occupational requirement under section in accordance with s25, 104 and 105 of the Anti-discrimination Act 1991 (Qld).
The Full Time positions offer a competitive remuneration package between $57,804 - $65,198 gross per annum in line with a level 4 - 5 of our Enterprise Agreement (dependant on experience and qualifications). You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement. Part Time hours may be negotiated if requested by the successful applicant.
We encourage and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition for more information about who we are.
Should you be interested in the position please submit your application as soon as possible via the following link http://applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS332 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter, please note you will be asked to respond to the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the screening questions in the link provided.
Please apply immediately as we are seeking to fill this vacancy as soon as possible.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.