Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community Services (MCS) exists to support and empower those who are poor, vulnerable, marginalised or in a position of disadvantage. We aim to be recognised as a leading provider and facilitator of quality, responsive community services.
Our Counselling team at Toowoomba has exciting opportunities for highly motivated professional Counsellor to join the team.
This position will provide assessment and counselling to children and young people, and conduct pre- & post-evaluations. This position also liaises with a broad network of stakeholders who participate in or impact on the success of client plans, referrals and goals. The position will play a key role in supporting MCS clients, to see more about this role please see the position description (click here)
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Social Science, Counselling, Psychology, Behavioural Sciences or similar discipline.
- Demonstrated experience developing individualised and/or family treatment plans.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant MCS procedure
Level 6 classification requirement:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a similar role.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- Eligibility for membership associations including, but not limited to, the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or the Australian Psychological Society (APS).
- Training in play-based therapies with a trauma focus, i.e. sand play therapy, play therapy, art therapy, music therapy, neuro-sequential model of trauma therapy, or other relevant training.
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
The Full Time position offers a competitive remuneration between $65,198 - $70,709 gross per annum in line with level 5 - 6 (dependent on experience level) of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply please head to this link http://applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS320 and follow the prompts, please note you will be asked Key Selection Criteria upon application. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter.
Applications Close: 3rd April 2017 at 9am
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.