Cash Officer - Auckland Airport
One year fixed term contract.
Lagardère Travel Retail is an international travel retail company that operates a number of exciting luxury brands around the globe. With over 90 Australian and New Zealand stores located in dynamic environments including airports and other commuter hubs, we are a fast paced organisation meeting the needs of people on the move.
This critical role based at Auckland International Airport, involves ensuring all legal tender obtained through sales from our Duty Free and Specialty stores is collected, counted and reconciled on a daily basis. These are just some of the responsibilities you will be tasked with:
- Counting cash and other tenders (traveller’s cheques, vouchers, credit cards etc.) for each register and balance with the totals recorded in the POS system
- Daily banking, reconciliations and variance investigation
- Work closely with the Loss Prevention & Compliance Manager to follow-up banking and other till discrepancies
- Daily reporting of incidents and till discrepancies to the store management
- Assist with the maintenance and development of procedures and systems
We need a whizz so if you have large cash handling experience within a banking, cash management or similar environment and can tick off the rest of our shopping list then we would love to hear from you.
- Data entry and reconciliation experience
- Computer literate – basic to intermediate Excel
- Accuracy, attention to detail and good numerical skills is essential
- Able to adhere to and maintain strict airport security standards
It’s a small team and as our business hours are 24/7 you will need to be reasonably flexible with your availability and willingness to work between the hours of 7am and 5pm and one day over a weekend. With our current superstar already off on her maternity leave, an immediate start would be a definite bonus.
One last thing, as our business is expanding on an on-going basis, this role could potentially become permanent in the long term.
Candidates must hold relevant work rights for NZ. Employment is subject to an initial and ongoing customs and police clearance.
Experience new horizons, every day!