Service Manager - Toowoomba
About the role
As Service Manager you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the facility delivers high quality, appropriate care and meets all regulatory standards;
- Leading the staff of the service in a manner that promotes a high performance, innovative workplace culture;
- Overseeing all aspects of the service’s finances including budgeting, resource allocation, monitoring, financial reporting and coordinating regular finance meetings;
- Working with the senior clinical leader to ensure clinical standards are met and to manage the application of the ACFI to optimise funding for residents;
- Ensuring the effective recruitment, training and performance management of employees;
- Developing and monitoring processes for evaluation, review and enhancement of services to ensure that they remain cost effective and centred on the needs of the residents;
- Ensuring the service is effectively promoted to potential residents and their families, referral agencies and the community generally;
- Preparing end of month reports on all aspects of the service’s performance;
- Developing and maintaining appropriate links with the community and the industry;
- Overseeing contractor liaison and coordination;
- Supporting the formulating and implementation of plans for the service’s development.
Critical to your success in this role will be your ability to demonstrate:
- your contemporary business and people leadership in the aged care sector with the ability to ‘think outside the box’ in a dynamic and innovative organisation
- an open, consultative style and sensitivity to complex organisational dynamics, and ability to work constructively with change and potential conflict
- your track record in successfully managing a human service organisation in a time of rapid growth and constant change
- an ability to work with and manage a diverse workforce, demonstrating outstanding judgement and a proactive approach to the resolution of issues
- an ability to maintain and further develop effective peer group relationships within LCC
In addition, you will
- need to have a strong track record in management
- maintain a positive federal police check and Australian driver’s license
It will be well regarded if you
- possess a qualification in management, business or similar
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
Salem Lutheran Aged Care, comprising services at two separate locations in North and South Toowoomba, provides a total of 143 residential places to older Australians including a 14 room specialist dementia unit with a focus on community living and involvement.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
LCC sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position brief is available to download by clicking here. To request a discussion about specifics of the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.