Administration/Financial Officer, Childrens Services - Permanent Part time
Administration/Financial Officer - Permanent Part time
JOIN OUR CHILDREN & FAMILY SERVICES
The Inner West Council has a population of 185,000 people and covers an area 36 sq km and employs 1,250 people. Join us as we work towards becoming the best Council in Sydney.
The Inner West Council is currently recruiting for permanent full time and part time Childcare Aide positions. We have positions available in our existing Children’s Centres at present, and also wish to place successful candidates in our brand new purpose built facility opening in the coming months in Leichhardt.
All Children’s Services positions are accountable for assisting the Co-ordinator/Nominated Supervisor and the team in the day to day operation of the Children’s Service . The Financial & Administration Officer is accountable for the organisation of financial and some general administrative functions at the Child Care Centres.
Please read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
$25.12 to $27.50 per hour + super, permanent part time; 21 hours over 3 days per week
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work both independently and collaboratively within the team and achieve agreed outcomes on time and to the agreed standard .
- Demonstrated experience of financial monitoring, recording and reporting, including ordering and budgeting.
- Proven experience in the administration of Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate under the Federal Government’s Child Care Management System (CCMS) and other relevant benefits and programmes (eg JET, SCCB, ISP)
- Data entry and word processing skills, including proficiency in CCMS approved software packages and Council’s corporate software packages
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service including interacting and communicating effectively with children, parents, staff and other stakeholders.
- Proven interpersonal skills including the use of verbal, written and technological communication.
- Strong commitment to Children and Family Services and Council’s vision and mission including strategic plans and innovations
- Knowledge and understanding with a commitment to implement EEO and WH&S principles
Leichhardt Service Centre - Natasha D'Ambrosio (02) 9367 9197 and Lisa Caridi (02) 93679244
Sunday 30 April 2017, at 11:30 pm
How to Apply
Please ensure you read the Position Description at the link above. To apply follow and answer the questions as required below and click on the "Next" button. On the following page you'll be asked to attach your position description and qualifications (if identified in the essentials of the position description) to complete your application. Therefore please make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply.