Children's Service Centre Cook - Permanent Part-time
JOIN OUR CHILDREN & FAMILY SERVICES
MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE & EXCITING NEW FACILITY OPENING SOON
The Inner West Council has a population of 185,000 people and covers an area 36 sq km and employs 1,250 people. Join us as we work towards becoming the best Council in Sydney.We have positions available in our existing Children’s Centres at present, and also wish to place successful candidates in our brand new purpose built facility opening soon in Leichhardt. All Children’s Services positions are accountable for assisting the Co-ordinator/Nominated Supervisor and the team in the day to day operation of the Children’s Service .
Our Long Day Care services operate with a rotating roster system. Shifts are 7.75 paid hours within centre operational hours which range from 7:15am to 6pm. All educators are required to participate fairly and equitably in the roster system. In addition, all educators are expected to be available to attend staff meetings after hours (with at least 1 weeks’ notice). We place a high importance on personal and professional development for all staff therefore some professional development and training opportunities are scheduled after hours (at least 1 months’ notice) in which educators are also expected to participate.
Council also provides such benefits as a supportive management team, ongoing professional development, study assistance program and potential career progression opportunities .
The Children’s Services Cook is accountable for planning nutritionally balanced menus for children within an allocated budget, hygienic preparation of nutritious meals and organising all aspects of kitchen work, and assisting the Co-ordinator in the day to day running of the education and care service.
Please read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
$25.12 to $ 27.50 per hour plus super; Permanent Part-time (32.5 hours per week)
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the preparation of appropriate food and beverages for children in an early childhood environment.
- Knowledge of dietary, nutritional, cultural requirements of children 0-5 years including allergies and food intolerances
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of hygienic food preparation, storage and cooking practices.
- Statement of Attainment in Nutrition and Menu Planning (HLTNA302B) and Safe Food Handling (THHGHS01B) or equivalent as a minimum.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare rotating menus and order food supplies.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a co-operative and collaborative team member.
- Knowledge of EEO & WH&S issues and their application in the workplace.
- Current First Aid Certificate, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management certificate
Leichhardt Service Centre - Natasha D'Ambrosio (02) ) 9367 9197 and Lisa Caridi on (02) 9367 9244
Sunday 23 April 2017, at 11:30 pm
How to Apply
Please ensure you read the Position Description at the link above. To apply follow and answer the questions as required below and click on the "Next" button. On the following page you'll be asked to attach your position description and qualifications (if identified in the essentials of the position description) to complete your application. Therefore please make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply.