Early Childhood Teacher
JOIN OUR CHILDREN & FAMILY SERVICES
MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE & EXCITING NEW FACILITY OPENING SOON
The Inner West Council has a population of 185,000 people and covers an area 36 sq km and employs 1,250 people. Join us as we work towards becoming the best Council in Sydney.
The Inner West Council is currently recruiting for permanent full time Early Childhood Teacher positions. We have positions available in our existing Children’s Centres at present, and also wish to place successful candidates in our brand new purpose built facility opening soon in Leichhardt.
All Children’s Services positions are accountable for assisting the Co-ordinator/Nominated Supervisor and the team in the day to day operation of the Children’s Service . The successful applicant will also be expected to assist in the development and implementation of a safe, stimulating learning environment which supports a reflective and play based education curriculum in order that the needs of the children and their parents are adequately met.
Our Long Day Care services operate with a rotating roster system. Shifts are 7.75 paid hours within centre operational hours which range from 7:15am to 6pm. All educators are required to participate fairly and equitably in the roster system. In addition, all educators are expected to be available to attend staff meetings after hours (with at least 1 weeks’ notice). We place a high importance on personal and professional development for all staff therefore some professional development and training opportunities are scheduled after hours (at least 1 months’ notice) in which educators are also expected to participate.
If you are a strong educator who is passionate about your professional development and work hard to ensure that children are provided with a stimulating environment and maximum learning opportunities we would love to hear from you.
Council also provides such benefits as a supportive management team, ongoing professional development, study assistance program and potential career progression opportunities .
Please read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
$63,035 - $70,424 p.a + super, permanent full time 35 hrs per week, 9 day fortnight.
- University Degree (or equivalent) of Early Childhood Education.
- Must meet Child Protection Act requirements and hold a current NSW Working with Children Check clearance
- Accredited with the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards (BOSTES).
- Current First Aid Certificate and completion of or willingness to undertake approved course/s in Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management.
- Willing to undertake role of Responsible Person or Certified Supervisor under the National Education and Care Services Regulations as required.
- Identify and Respond to Children at Risk of Harm Statement of Attainment
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and document developmentally appropriate and inquiry/interest based programmes for individual children and groups of children.
- Assume the role and responsibilities of Room Co-ordinator when requested by the Centre Co-ordinator, Children’s Services Co-ordinator and/or Manager, Children’s Services
- Ability to undertake the role of Educational Leader as required by the Centre Co-ordinator/Nominated Supervisor, Children’s Services Co-ordinator or Manager, Children’s Services.
- Ability and willingness to inspire, motivate and support educators and staff as well as be an effective team leader and a cooperative team member.
- Proven ability and commitment to work as a self-motivated and active part of a team.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development to ensure an understanding of current early childhood knowledge, legislation, research, theory and practice.
- Knowledge of positive behaviour guidance techniques and strategies for children.
- Proven interpersonal skills including the use of verbal, written and technological communication.
- Working Knowledge of National Quality Framework including: National Quality Standards, National Education and Care Services Regulations, Early Years Learning Framework and Assessment and Rating System.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service including interacting and communicating effectively with children, parents, staff and other stakeholders.
- Commitment to Children’s Services and Council’s vision and mission including strategic plans.
- Centre based Education and Care experience.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Statement of Attainment in Nutrition and Menu Planning (HLTNA302B) and Safe Food Handling (THHGHs01B)
- Commitment to environmental protection and sustainability.
- Knowledge of a Second Language.
Leichhardt Service Centre - Natasha D'Ambrosio (02) 9367 9197 or Lisa Caridi (02) 9367 9244
Sunday 23 April 2017, at 11:30 pm
How to Apply
Please ensure you read the Position Description at the link above. To apply follow and answer the questions as required below and click on the "Next" button. On the following page you'll be asked to attach your position description and qualifications (if identified in the essentials of the position description) to complete your application. Therefore please make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply.