Assessment Officer - Planning
The new Inner West Council has a population of 185,000 people and covers an area 36 sq km and employs 1,250 people. Join us as we transition and work towards becoming the best Council in Sydney.
To undertake assessment of applications in a professional manner within the legislative framework.
Please read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
$72,185 - $86,542 pa + super. Current benefits include car allowance and 1 RDO per fortnight.
- Tertiary qualifications in urban planning, architecture or equivalent.
- High level of professional knowledge and skills in areas of regulatory planning and development matters.
- Understanding of the assessment of development applications and section 96 modification applications.
- Skills in project management and the ability to meet performance targets.
- Understanding of the business of Local Government and the roles of other departments.
- Skills in effective communication and conflict resolution/mediation techniques and negotiation.
- Knowledge of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979, Local Government Act 1993 and related Legislation.
- To demonstrate an awareness and maintain a high standard of quality customer service to which Council is committed; providing accurate information in a prompt and courteous manner.
- PC literacy skills.
- Current Driver's Licence
- Knowledge and implementation of the Building Code of Australia.
- Knowledge of Land and Environment Court procedures.
Leichhardt Service Centre - Rachel Josey on 02 93679231
Sunday March 26, 2017, at 11:30 pm
How to Apply
Please ensure you read the Position Description at the link above. To apply follow and answer the questions as required below and click on the "Next" button. On the following page you'll be asked to attach your position description and qualifications (if identified in the essentials of the position description) to complete your application. Therefore please make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply.