Brand new facility
Role commences October 2017
About The GEO Group Australia
We are the country's leading provider of outsourced correctional services, operating in NSW, QLD and VIC. GEO aims to deliver better corrections and create safer communities. We focus on providing a continuum of care and integration of services to make a real difference in the lives of people we work with.
For more information about our organisation, visit our website at www.geogroup.com.au
About Ravenhall Correctional Centre
Ravenhall Correctional Centre is a medium security men’s prison opening in late 2017 in Ravenhall, Victoria.
Ravenhall will redefine the role of the modern prison. It’s unique design and service model provides an unprecedented emphasis on offender rehabilitation and reintegration. If you are motivated to work therapeutically to create successful outcomes for prisoners, Ravenhall is the place for you.
To learn more about Ravenhall Correctional Centre, click here.
About the Opportunity
As the Facilities Manager you will be directly responsible for ensuring that the goals and objectives of the maintenance department are accomplished according to policy direction from GEO and within the scope defined by the client.
You will primarily be responsible for:
- Assisting the Vocational Services Manager formulate strategic objectives for Facility Maintenance, including planning and directing activities and objectives
- Ensuring that any unsafe or security related occurrences are recorded within the Ravenhall incident reporting procedure
- Ensuring that adequate procedures, methods and techniques are established in maintenance to establish maximum efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Ensuring that Maintenance Services at the Correctional Centre meet contractual obligations and minimum performance standards, providing reports where necessary
- Ensuring compliance with the maintenance budget and corporate expenditure policy
- Coordinating, recording and managing all maintenance
- Overseeing and managing all OH&S issues within Maintenance
- Ensuring all contractors have been inducted into the Centre and have appropriate clearances, appropriate and current insurances and safe work statements
- Should it be required, act in the role of Vocational Services Manager during extended periods of absence
Your Skills & Experience
To succeed in this role you will possess the following:
- A tertiary or trade qualification relevant to the position
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate within a commercial environment
- Well-developed communication, negotiating and analytical skills with the ability to effectively communicate with senior officials from government, the community, subcontractors and management groups
- Demonstrated competent computer skills in relevant software packages, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proven experience with maintenance coordination and planning
- Proven experience with monitoring subcontractors and suppliers
- Ability to prepare business cases to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of particular areas, taking into account budgetary restraints
- Understanding of quality assurance, including the ability to identify and rectify problems and prevent non-conformities
- Sound knowledge of OH&S
- Ability to work within a correctional setting, which will involve direct contact with prisoners
For more information about this position, please click here to download the position description.
About the Benefits
Joining GEO is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community. Benefits of working for GEO, include but are not limited to:
- Role diversity and internal career progression opportunities
- Ongoing professional development opportunities (including further education sponsorship)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive salary and rewards scheme
- Salary sacrifice options
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff gym
- Subsidised meals
Make a real difference – Apply Now!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Applications Close - Wednesday, 3 May 2017