Event Coordinator - Fine Food
St Kilda Rd, Melbourne
- Fantastic company with a great culture
- Dynamic and supportive team environment
- Fast-paced role, packed with variety!
About our Organisation
Diversified Communications is an award-winning exhibitions company that connects companies to engage with customers at our events. We pride ourselves on offering visitors unique experiences, whilst generating quality sales leads and a great return on investment for exhibitors. We are a leader in our field, winning awards each year across a range of industry sectors at the Exhibition & Event Association of Australasia (EEAA) Awards for Excellence.
About this Opportunity
We are on the lookout for an Event Coordinator for our largest and most prestigious event – Fine Food Australia. Fine Food is the largest trade show of its kind in Australia, hosting over 1,000 exhibitors and with over 25,000 industry professionals attending the show every year. Winner of multiple trade show awards, the Fine Food show will allow you to be part of an industry leading and supportive team and play an integral role in the delivery of this award winning event. (http://finefoodaustralia.com.au)
We’re looking for someone who is energetic, self-motivated and adaptable. Your previous experience in the events industry and your customer service focus will ensure you shine in this fast-paced and varied role.
Key responsibilities in the role include:
- Act as a main point of contact for speakers and delegates
- Handle all exhibitor enquiries
- Program management of 10+ concurrent streams
- Coordination of sponsorship requirements
- Maintenance of event/conference information on relevant websites
- Preparation of documentation for onsite use, including checklists and running sheets.
To ensure your success in this role you will have:
- At least two years’ experience delivering events/conferences
- Experience with a CMS and updating website content
- Superior ability to prioritise, multi-task, use initiative and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Precise attention to detail and methodical approach
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- A desire to support the team and understand how important your contribution is to the success of these events and conferences.
The successful candidate will need to be able to travel and attend both morning and evening events.
Why work at Diversified?
We’re a growing business that places importance on innovation and improving what we do! We work in the exciting and dynamic world of events and exhibitions and we look to employ people who share the same passion for the industry that we have. We operate professionally and collaboratively in an informal environment and we like to celebrate our successes along the way!
We offer our employees a paid day off every year to give back to their community, a sustainable approach to our work and practices, opportunities for committee involvement and lots of fun activities and work events during the year!
If you have the required skills and would like to be a part of our growing and industry leading organisation then apply with your Resume and Cover Letter detailing why you would be a great fit for this position.