Manager - Operations
- Full time, Senior Officer
- Great opportunity to be part of Cardinia’s rapid growth phase
- Influential Senior Leadership position
- Work in the leading Activity Based Working environment in Local Government in Australia
Are you looking for a position where you can shape the future of new communities and developments in an interface council and leave a legacy?
We are looking for a leader to provide outstanding leadership to the Operations team. You would play an influential Leadership role in the provision of services in a high growth environment with sound business principles and practices in relation to maintenance and renewal of roads, drains, bridges, pathways, fleet, parks and gardens, Emerald Lake Park and management of external service contracts.
Your experience in leading similar teams (preferably in a blue collar workforce), change management, business acumen and financial management will hold you in good stead for this position. You are expected to combine your leadership capability with capable technical knowledge in engineering and planning services.
To be successful in the position, you will:
- Have a genuine interest in assisting others to reach their potential
- Possess excellent Leadership skills in developing and leading a high performance culture
- Build and foster a culture of innovation
- Have strong strategic planning skills
- Be able to develop policy for the Council
- Be eager to be part of collaborative teams
- Be business & financially savvy
- Be interested in contributing to business development initiatives
- Be outcomes-oriented and understand how to effectively navigate the Local Government environment
- Possess Service delivery experience related to an Operations department
It is likely that you will have over 7 years of relevant experience in related areas.
Cardinia offers an innovative health and wellbeing program, flexible working arrangements, unique leadership development and a significant reward & recognition program. Working at Cardinia means you are working for an organisation that is recognised with the Investors In People Gold accreditation.
To view this position description, please click here.
Applications close: Thursday 30 March 2017