Unit Manager Water Planning & Development
Location: Gosford and Wyong Administration Buildings - Central Coast Council
- An exciting career opportunity utilising your technical as well as strategic planning skills to develop the Water & Sewer business for the Central Coast Council.
- Permanent Full Time position
- This position attracts a minimum Total Remuneration Package (TRP) of $175,000 per annum
Central Coast Council is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a healthy and safe work environment.
Primary Purpose of the role:
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Water and Sewer, the role of Unit Manager Water Planning and Development is responsible for managing the Water Planning and Development Unit of the Water and Sewer business.
In addition, the Unit Manager Water Planning and Development will provide leadership to a team of professionals responsible for the day-to-day operations and services of the Water Planning and Development Unit. Contributing to the development and delivery of the broader Assets, Infrastructure and Business (AIB) group’s Annual Plan, they will also be required to develop the Water Planning/Development Annual Plan and Cost Estimation strategies. This will be achieved through the building of effective stakeholder relationships ensuring effective and meaningful stakeholder consultation and liaison occurs. Additionally, the management of Water Services and Design will be a feature of this role.
- Degree qualification in Engineering, Business Management, Project Management or other related field OR extensive solid contemporary experience in in a similar role combined with ongoing professional development;
- Current Class C Driver's Licence.
- Significant experience in a similar management role working in a large organisation with proven success in developing teams focused on cultural change and business transformation;
- Strong commercial background with a focus on customer service and delivery of quality outcomes;
- Significant experience in developing and implementing innovative and commercial solutions for complex water and sewer business requirements;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in New South Wales legislative requirements and Developer assessments;
- Extensive experience in managing projects and project risks and environmental requirements;
- Extensive experience in establishing and maintaining positive, collaborative and service oriented relationships with all stakeholders including the community;
- Extensive experience in cost estimation, budget management and financial forecasting.
- Post graduate qualifications in a related field.
To download the Position Description please click here.
Enquiries: Bileen Nel, Senior Manager Water & Sewer on ph: (02) 4350 5497 or 0418 953 568.
Closing Date: Applications close at 8.00 am on Wednesday, 22 March 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in the position.
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process.
Please note that you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system.
It is recommended that you review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application. You can "cut & paste" from a Word document to an application if you wish.
To lodge your application, please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Answer the on-line questions shown below
Step 2: Attach your Resume
Step 3: Attach your qualifications and licences
Once your application is successfully lodged you will receive an automated response sent to your e-mail address. If a response is not received this means that your application has not been successfully submitted and you will need to lodge another application.
Applicants who are selected for interview will be contacted by phone or e-mail.
PLEASE NOTE: By completing and submitting this online application you confirm that any information provided by yourself in this application is true & correct and acknowledge that any offer of employment may be withdrawn should the information that you have provided in support of your application be shown to be false. You also consent to employment screening checks being conducted where appropriate. This may include associated checks (Referee check, Working With Children Check, Entitlement to Work in Australia, Employment History and an Australian Federal Police Check) as well as substantiation of educational qualifications, industry memberships, previous Central Coast Council employment history and association with professional bodies.
I also acknowledge that I will be required to provide proof of eligibility (including photo identification) to work in Australia if selected for an interview.