Float Secretary (12 month contract)
Founded over a century ago, Colin Biggers & Paisley continues to realise our vision of being recognised as the leading provider of legal services in our chosen fields of expertise. Today our practice has over 400 staff, offices in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, and a track record of high engagement and collaborative leadership. In Queensland Colin Biggers & Paisley operates a quality management system which complies with the requirements of Law 9000: 2010 Legal Best Practice and ISO 9001: 2008.
About the role:
Reporting to HR, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Float Secretary to join us on a 12 month contract, who enjoys a role with variety to join our team in Brisbane.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing high level administrative and legal secretarial support across the business
- Flexibility to be placed in all positions as requested by HR
- Digital dictation
- Preparing court documentation and assisting with the litigation process
- Preparing correspondence
- Ensuring filing is undertaken
- Preparing, editing and finalising monthly bills
- Copy typing of documents
- Maintain the mail book on a daily basis
- Provide reception relief as required
- Other secretarial duties as may be required from time to time
- Working in a timely and effective manner to ensure all tasks are completed
- Developing excellent working relationships with external/internal clients
The successful candidate:
You will be supported in this close knit team, given training, mentoring and guidance from your peers and leader. You will need to be self-motivated and adaptable in this dynamic environment. Ideal background and skills include:
- Microsoft Office 2013 with good working knowledge of track changes, tables of contents, mail merging and other advanced features in MS Word
- Prior experience with Elite 3E and Filesite
- Working in a professional services environment that QA accredited
- Ability to multi-task
- Confidentiality, sensitivity and integrity in all aspects of the role
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent customer service ethic with a focus on providing a high level of service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise work
At Colin Biggers & Paisley, our workplace culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work/life balance.
We established the Colin Biggers & Paisley Foundation which brings together our entire community offering, underpinned by a central strategy of promoting and protecting the rights of women and children in Australia and abroad through pro bono legal services, volunteering and charitable contributions.
We offer an environment where our values of Balance, Respect, Loyalty and Integrity guide all of our actions. We continually invest in our people, providing training, a formal mentoring program, learning and support, and promoting a social and connected environment. We also offer other benefits such as social and sporting functions, rewards and recognition, casual Fridays, regular morning teas, Friday night drinks, massages and professional memberships.