Construction and Engineering Secretary
Founded over a century ago, Colin Biggers & Paisley continues to realise our vision of being recognised as the leading provider of legal services in our chosen fields of expertise. Today our practice has over 400 staff, offices in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, and a track record of high engagement and collaborative leadership. In Brisbane Colin Biggers & Paisley operates a quality management system which complies with the requirements of Law 9000: 2010 Legal Best Practice and ISO 9001: 2008.
About the role:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Legal Secretary who enjoys a challenging and rewarding role to join our Construction and Engineering team in our Brisbane office. The successful candidate will be working with a Special Counsel and Solicitors.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing high level administrative and legal secretarial support at Special Counsel level
- Diary and email management
- Liaising with clients in a professional manner
- Digital dictation
- Preparing correspondence
- Ensuring filing is undertaken
- Preparing, editing and finalisation of monthly bills
- Working in a timely and effective manner to ensure all tasks are completed
- Developing excellent working relationships with external/internal clients
- Providing support
The successful candidate:
You will be supported in this close knit team, given training, mentoring and guidance from the senior secretary in the group and your leader. You will need to be self-motivated and adaptable in this dynamic environment. Ideal background and skills include:
- Experience working in Construction or Litigation and an understanding of legal terminology in this space
- Ability to multi-task
- Confidentiality, sensitivity and integrity across all aspects of the role
- Ability to work to deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent customer service ethic with a focus on providing a high level of service
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong administration and organisation skills
- Sound knowledge and experience of Microsoft products
- Elite 3E knowledge would be desirable but not essential
At Colin Biggers & Paisley, our workplace culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work/life balance.
We established the Colin Biggers & Paisley Foundation which brings together our entire community offering, underpinned by a central strategy of promoting and protecting the rights of women and children in Australia and abroad through pro bono legal services, volunteering and charitable contributions.
We offer an environment where our values of Balance, Respect, Loyalty and Integrity guide all of our actions. We continually invest in our people, providing training, learning and support, and promoting a social and connected environment. We also offer other benefits such as social and sporting functions, rewards and recognition, casual Fridays, massages and professional memberships.