Founded over a century ago, Colin Biggers & Paisley is one of the oldest legal practices in the country. We are proud of our long-standing client relationships with many of Australia's most respected and successful companies. Today our practice has over 400 staff, offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane and a track record of excellence and high partner engagement that is second to none.
About the role:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Legal Secretary who enjoys a challenging and rewarding role to join our float team in our Sydney office. The role will work across our four practice groups; Property, Construction, CDR and Insurance. The successful candidate will be confident in their property/conveyancing and litigation knowledge.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing high level administrative and legal secretarial support;
- Flexibility to be placed in all positions as requested by HR;
- Digital dictation;
- Preparing correspondence;
- Ensuring filing is undertaken;
- Preparing, editing and finalisation of monthly bills;
- Copy typing of documents;
- Maintain the mail book on a daily basis;
- Provide reception relief as required;
- Other secretarial duties as may be required from time to time;
- Working in a timely and effective manner to ensure all tasks are completed; and
- Developing excellent working relationships with external/internal clients.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Microsoft Office 2013 with good working knowledge of track changes, tables of contents, mail merging and other advanced features in MS Word;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Confidentiality, sensitivity and integrity across all aspects of the role;
- Ability to work to deadlines and work under pressure;
- Excellent customer service ethic with a focus on providing a high level of service;
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong administration and organisation skills;
- Ability to priorities work;
- Ability to work flexibly with the immediate team; and
- Elite 3E knowledge would be desirable but not essential.
At Colin Biggers & Paisley, our workplace culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work/life balance.
We established the Colin Biggers & Paisley Foundation which brings together our entire community offering, underpinned by a central strategy of promoting and protecting the rights of women and children in Australia and abroad through pro bono legal services, volunteering and charitable contributions.
We offer an environment where our values of Balance, Respect, Loyalty and Integrity guide all of our actions. We continually invest in our people, providing training, learning and support, and promoting a social and connected environment. We also offer other benefits such as social and sporting functions, rewards and recognition, casual Fridays, massages and professional memberships.