Employment and Safety Solicitor
Founded over a century ago, Colin Biggers & Paisley continues to realise our vision of being recognised as the leading provider of legal services in our chosen fields of expertise. Today our practice has over 400 staff, offices in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, and a track record of high engagement and collaborative leadership.
About the role:
Work closely with a dynamic Partner and Senior Associate with our Employment and Safety team. The team works across all areas of employment and safety including equal opportunity, discrimination, unfair dismissal, harassment and diversity, work health and safety, and industrial relations. You will be responsible for:
- Working with the team to provide clients with legal advice
- Assist in managing matters ensuring all deadlines are met
- Regularly reviewing applicable case law and legislative changes
- Conducting effective legal research and analysis to produce timely, commercial and legally accurate advice
- Managing a robust workload, including prioritising work and delivering services effectively
- Developing an understanding of client operations and strategy
- Continual professional development and managing MCLE requirements
The successful candidate:
You will be supported in this close knit team, given training, mentoring and guidance from your peers and leader. You will need to be self-motivated, energetic and adaptable in this dynamic environment. Ideal background and skills include:
- At least 2 years' experience as a Solicitor in Employment and Safety
- Strong attention to detail
- Interested in establishing a long-term successful career with Colin Biggers & Paisley
- Ability to relate to people at all levels and effectively work in a team
- A strong focus on turnaround time
- Commercial acumen
- Practical and client focused problem solving skills
- A strong, plain language communication style
- Strong academics to support your work experience
At Colin Biggers & Paisley, our workplace culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work/life balance. Your key motivation for the position should be the potential for professional success and the development of rewarding client relationships. However our environment can be rewarding for you in other ways as well.
We established the Colin Biggers & Paisley Foundation which brings together our entire community offering, underpinned by pro bono legal services, volunteering and charitable contributions.
We offer an environment where our values of Balance, Respect, Loyalty and Integrity guide all of our actions. We continually invest in our people, providing training, learning and support, and promoting a social and connected environment. We also offer other benefits such as social and sporting functions, rewards and recognition, casual Fridays, massages and professional memberships.
For further information on this role please contact Julia Paino, HR Consultant on 07 3002 8765 or Julia.email@example.com