Clinical Services Manager (interim)
- Make a real difference in Indigenous health and the local community!
- Attractive salary up to $98,800 + super (based on experience) and salary sacrificing options up to $15,950!
- Have a sea change to this picturesque coastal town - the perfect place to bring up a family or just relax in the serenity!
About Bullinah Aboriginal Health Service
The Bullinah Aboriginal Health Service (the Health Service) is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service situated in Ballina, with outreach services in Cabbage Tree Island. The Health Service offers a wide range of culturally appropriate services from education and counselling to GP clinics and early intervention to local community members.
Over the past few years both the practice and the service has grown to include an impressive list of staff, services and programs that support and care for the community. Their goal is to develop as a comprehensive Aboriginal primary health care service that applies a holistic approach with flexible models of care that acknowledge cultural obligations and relationships.
About the Opportunity
Bullinah Aboriginal Health Service (BAHS) now has an exciting opportunity for a proactive Clinical Services Manager to join their team based in Ballina, NSW, on a temporary, interim basis. There is the possibility of a full-time, permanent position arising and the successful candidate may be well placed to be considered for this position.
Reporting to the CEO and responsible for all clinic branch staff, the Clinical Services Manager has overarching responsibility for managing the Health Service's General Practice Clinic.
Some of your daily duties will include:
- Accountability for the performance of all Health Service clinic staff and practitioners, including staff of associated programs;
- Personnel management for a team of staff carrying out a range of clerical, technical and professional activities;
- Continuous review of the Health Service Clinic operating environment;
- Acting as the primary contact for all Medicare matters and providing support to GP's regarding Medicare related issues; and
- Reporting on a regular basis regarding practice operations.
To be successful in this position you will have previous experience in the administration and management of a General Practice clinic in an AMS/ACCHO setting. You will have a solid knowledge and understanding of health and well-being issues that exist within Aboriginal communities and ideally have qualifications as a Registered Nurse, although this is not mandatory.
Bullinah Aboriginal Health Service is looking for someone with highly developed communication, interpersonal, supervisory and organisational skills who is not afraid to show initiative to improve processes and efficiencies as required. You will be competent in the Microsoft Office suite and in relevant patient information and records software, including being conversant with Medicare billing.
About the Benefits
Bullinah Aboriginal Health Service will reward your commitment with an attractive salary of $98,800 + super (above award rate) and all the tools of the trade you need to hit the ground running (phone, ipad). You'll also enjoy access to salary sacrificing options up to $15,950 to increase the value of your take home pay!
You'll enjoy a great work/life balance working sociable and structured hours, leaving you time to enjoy the sun, surf and sand of gorgeous Ballina. This is the perfect opportunity to make a 'sea change' and just enjoy the serenity of this picturesque location!
As you continue to grow and thrive in this role you will have the chance to give something back and make a real difference in the community!
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven and motivated individual to make a tangible difference to health outcomes of the local community - APPLY NOW!