Home Care Workers (Casual)
- Join a well established not-for-profit organisation with a strong community base!
- Attractive hourly rate - casual, flexible hours!
- Leave work every day knowing that you have made a difference to someone's life!
About the Organisation
St Hedwig Village is a community-based, not for profit organisation located in Blacktown, NSW, that provides retirement village, residential care and home care services.
About the Home Care Packages
Through their home care packages, St Hedwig Village can provide tailored care and assistance to people who wish to remain in their own home.
These services are delivered based on a consumer directed care model developed in collaboration with the consumer.
About the Opportunity
St Hedwig Village now has multiple opportunities for casual Home Care Workers to join their team based in Blacktown, NSW.
Some of your duties will include:
- Providing quality assistance with a range of daily activities;
- Supporting clients with self-care including bathing and dressing;
- Assisting with light housework and laundry duties;
- Involvement with social and recreational activities; and
- Providing emotional and social support to the people in your care.
To be successful, you will have a Certificate III (or equivalent) in Aged Care, Community Services, Nursing or a related field and a current first aid certificate. Ideally, you will have previous experience in community services, personal care or nursing.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills and a sensitivity to people from cross-cultural backgrounds is vital, as you will be interacting with St Hedwig Village's consumers, their families or carers and other service providers.
As you will be visiting clients in their homes, you will also need your own car, current driver's license and comprehensive car insurance. A current Police Check is also required.
About the Benefits
St Hedwig Village has been serving the community for more than 25 years. The facility is widely regarded for providing a high standard of care.
For your hard work and dedication, you will enjoy a competitive hourly rate and a mileage allowance for fuel. With flexible, casual hours this is a great opportunity for someone looking for a work/life balance.
Enjoy coming to work every day in a family friendly workplace within a supportive and collaborative team. Training and on-going professional development is also provided for all employees, so you can continue to learn and grow in the role.
Please only apply for this position if you have all of the requirements listed above.