Finance/ Accounts Assistant
- Are you looking to use your skills in finance in an organisation that values a work/life balance?
- This is your chance to join a growing, innovative and well-known global brand!
- Highly competitive salary plus generous performance based bonuses!
About the Organisation
Briggs & Stratton is the world's largest producer of air-cooled petrol engines for outdoor power equipment. Headquartered in Milwaukee, USA, the company designs, manufactures, markets, and services these products for original equipment manufacturers worldwide. For 100 years they have been building the engines that power the equipment people use to get the job done.
With more than 30 years in the Australian market, the Sydney-based head office is high performing, driven and committed to continuous improvement. The site is home to a diverse range of experts, from sales, marketing and customer service teams through to production, manufacturing and logistics.
About the Opportunity
Briggs & Stratton has an exciting opportunity for a Finance and Accounts Assistant to join their organisation in Moorebank, Sydney, NSW.
Reporting to the Accountant, you will work within the Finance Team and be responsible for carrying out a number of general accounting functions and miscellaneous clerical duties.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Assisting with opening new customer accounts and maintain the data management system;
- Assisting Accounts Receivable and customer claim/return/warranty processes;
- Assisting with general ledger accounting and monthly balance sheet reconciliation process;
- Checking, reviewing and approving SAP transactions for Billing process and generate 3rd party invoicing; and
- Assisting in Internal and External Audit processes.
Ideally, you will have:
- A minimum of a Certificate IV in Finance;
- Demonstrated accounts payable and receivable experience;
- Confidence in using Microsoft Office programs (particularly Excel) and basic internet functions;
- Working knowledge of SAP;
- Exceptional organisational skills to assist you in meeting deadlines and competing priorities; and
- A high level of attention to detail in order to process data carefully and with accuracy
What you’ll love about this role:
- The autonomy to make the role your own;
- The opportunity to learn a broad range of finance functions;
- The ability to work both independently and within a small team environment; and
- That the work you do will really make a difference to the organisation.
Your strong communication and interpersonal skills will enable you to communicate your thoughts clearly and concisely while developing rapport and working collaboratively within a small team environment. Most of all, however, you will be passionate about the work you do and driven by delivering to the highest standard at all times.
About the Benefits
Are you looking to take your career to a whole new level with a market leading organisation with international reach? Then this is the role for you!
Not only will you get to work with one of the leading names in their industry, but you will get to define yourself as a true "finance all-rounder" while you develop skills across the full range of department functions.
You'll be well rewarded for your hard work with an excellent salary package, negotiable in line with experience, plus a generous performance based bonus scheme. Additionally, at Briggs & Stratton, your career development opportunities will be a priority, with room for growth and a great deal of staff development available.
Don't miss this amazing opportunity to take your career to the next level with this leading international supplier - Apply now!