HR and Administrative Support Officer
- Working out of Katherine, NT - Get to know spectacular parts of outback Australia most people will never see!
- Enjoy fantastic job security within the Council sector!
- Competitive salary of $65,754.00 + super as well as a remote area allowance of $2,058 per annum!
About the Organisation
The Victoria Daly Regional Council was formed as part of the Local Government reforms in the Northern Territory. Council Service Centres are located in Kalkaringi, Yarralin, Timber Creek, Pine Creek and Nauiyu.
The Council has a vision to provide good governance, leadership and advocacy. To ensure the local communities are empowered towards developing a strong regional economy, the Council have adopted the values of respect, integrity, honesty, openness and equality. To fulfill their vision, Victoria Daly Regional Council promotes local employment and high quality services within financial resources.
About the Katherine Region
Katherine, with a population of over 10,000, is situated 300 km southeast of Darwin in the "Top End", the third largest community in the Northern Territory. The Region offers an abundance of experiences, boasting many natural attractions while providing a diverse outdoor and outback lifestyle for its residents.
Katherine is a naturally stunning part of the Top End, attracting tourists from around the world. Nitmiluk National Park near the town features many activities such as camping, swimming, fishing (lures only), sightseeing, canoeing, boat cruises and bush walk trails.
In addition to its unique natural beauty, Katherine is home to several churches, schools, sporting clubs, parks, a well kept golf course, a showground and a RAAF Base.
About the Opportunity
Victoria Daly Regional Council has an exciting opportunity for a full-time HR and Administrative Support Officer to join their team based in Katherine, NT.
Within this varied role, you will work with the Human Resources, Technical Operations and Asset departments, providing administration support, guidance and advice.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with managers, agencies, HR service providers and other stakeholders, to assist in achieving the Council’s strategic objectives;
- In conjunction with the Human Resource Manager work closely with managers to build their understanding and implementation of policies and procedures;
- Ensure compliance is met within the Human Resource Area;
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation;
- Assist in the recruitment of staff;
- Manage all new employee commencements and provide accurate information to payroll;
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures for the whole Council;
- Provide advice on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits;
- Assist in the management of the Organisational Chart and maintaining records relating to staff;
- Assist in the planning and sometimes delivering training, including inductions for new staff;
- Manage the Councils social media accounts including Website, Facebook & Twitter;
- Provide administration support to Technical Operations and Assets departments;
- Ensure the policies and procedures of the Council are adhered to and all resources effectively deployed; and
- Maintain a safe working environment and ensure Occupational Health & Safety regulations are adhered to.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organised individual with excellent interpersonal skills and extensive experience in performing administrative duties. The role will require you to communicate and negotiate regularly with staff at all levels while providing effective client service, as such you must be able to demonstrate this ability.
Sound knowledge of Awards, Enterprise Bargaining Agreements and or Australian Workplace Agreement provisions is essential as is a solid understanding of Human Resource Management principles and practices. You will also have had exposure to the principles of Occupational Health & Safety.
Additionally, working experience in processing a computerised payroll system is important, as is data input and reporting capabilities.
Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline would be advantageous.
About the Benefits
By taking on this pivotal role, you will be joining an organisation that truly values its employees, and actively encourages training and further study.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package of $65,754.00 + 9.5% super as well as a remote area allowance of $2,058.00 per annum.
Victoria Daly Regional Council offers a family friendly workplace, with fantastic working conditions and benefits, plus you will enjoy fantastic job security within the Council sector. Relocation assistance will be considered for the right candidate.
Please note: Applications for this position will not be accepted after Monday, 20th March, 2017, at midnight.
You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to be considered for this position.
If you're looking for a chance to put your exceptional administrative skills to work - Apply Now!