Child Care Team Leader
- Rewarding, part-time opportunity providing quality early childhood education within a progressive regional Council
- Working out of Kalkarindji, NT - Get to know spectacular parts of outback Australia most people will never see!
- Competitive salary circa $60,370.09 (pro-rata) + 9.5% super, relocation assistance and remote area allowance of $5,145 per year!
About Victoria Daly Regional Council and Kalkarindji
The Victoria Daly Regional Council was formed as part of the Local Government reforms in the Northern Territory. Council Service Centres are located in Kalkaringi, Yarralin, Timber Creek, Pine Creek and Nauiyu.
The Council has a vision to provide good governance, leadership and advocacy. To ensure the local communities are empowered towards developing a strong regional economy, the Council have adopted the values of respect, integrity, honesty, openness and equality. To fulfill their vision, Victoria Daly Regional Council promotes local employment and high quality services within financial resources.
Kalkarindji is home to the Gurindji Aboriginal community located in the southern region of the Victoria Daly Region, approximately 480 kms south west of Katherine and 8kms from Daguragu. With over 500 residents spread between the two communities, it is abundant in natural beauty, with unique landscapes and small weaving river systems and has a foodstore, petrol station, sports stadium, licensed club and arts centre.
About the Opportunity
Victoria Daly Regional Council has an exciting opportunity for a part-time Child Care Team Leader to join their team based at Kalkarindji, NT.
Reporting to the Council Service Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Child Care Centre by providing quality early childhood education and care to all children and developing good relationships which support them and their families.
More specifically, some of your duties will include:
- Managing the provision of quality early childhood education in accordance with the Code of Ethics of Early Childhood Australia;
- Assisting in the development of quality improvement plans;
- Ensuring a safe, supportive, stimulating and educational environment is provided for the children using approved learning framework;
- Ensuring all team members develop and maintain positive relationships with the children's families which are comforting and nurturing; and
- Providing and promoting an active healthy lifestyle and nutrition plan for the children.
To be successful in this position you will have the following:
- At least a Certificate III in Child Care or equivalent (essential);
- A Diploma in Early Childhood Education or be actively undertaking this certification (essential);
- A current First Aid Certificate (essential);
As this is a leadership position, you will have the demonstrated ability to lead, manage and direct staff from a range of skill levels and diverse cultural backgrounds. You will have excellent relationship management skills with the ability to negotiate, consult and network with all levels of staff and stakeholders, whilst still demonstrating a caring, supportive and nurturing attitude towards children and their families.
Please note: Prior to commencement with Victoria Daly Regional Council you will need to undergo a National Police Check and hold a valid Working with Children Clearance Card and Australian Driver's License.
About the Benefits
As the Child Care Team Leader, you will enjoy working on plenty of varied and interesting projects in a welcoming, supportive and close-knit environment, with like-minded individuals.
The organisation truly values its employees, and actively encourages training and further study.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package circa $60,370.09 (pro-rata) + 9.5% super, as well as remote area allowance of $5,145 (pro-rata) per year!
Victoria Daly Regional Council offers a family friendly workplace, with fantastic working conditions and benefits, including:
- Relocation assistance up to $5,000; and
- Fantastic job security within the Council sector.
This pivotal community position is an extremely satisfying and rewarding role giving you the chance to finish each working day knowing you have truly made a difference within the community!
Please note: Applications for this position will not be accepted after Tuesday 4th April, at 5pm.
You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to be considered for this position.
If you're looking for a leadership position that is guaranteed to provide you with satisfaction - Apply Now!