National RTO Compliance Manager
Canberra or Melbourne
- Rewarding opportunity for an experienced RTO Trainer within well known, national NFP
- Pick your location - Canberra or Melbourne
- Full-time role with reduced/flexible hours negotiable if required
- Competitive remuneration based upon experience and qualifications
About the Organisation
St John Ambulance Australia is a self-funding charitable organisation and is Australia's largest first aid trainer and provider of first aid at public events. St John has been active in Australia for over 125 years.
The organisation teaches practical life-saving skills to over 450,000 people each year and its members contribute over 750,000 hours of voluntary service annually.
St John has seven main areas of activity:
- Event and Emergency First Aid
- First Aid Training
- Ambulance Services
- Caring For The Community
- Developing Youth
- Eye Health Programs; and
- Funding St John Ambulance Australia's Charitable Activities
About the Opportunity
St John Ambulance Australia now has an exciting opportunity for a National RTO Compliance Manager to join their team. Initially this role will be available on a full-time basis, however reduced or flexible hours may be negotiated if required. This position can be based in either Canberra or Melbourne.
Reporting to the National Training Manager, you will be responsible for all matters relating to the continuing registration of the St John Ambulance Australia RTO (88041) including meeting reporting and compliance requirements. The position works closely with the National Training Manager, the National Learning Resource Development Manager and State and Territory contacts.
More specifically, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Leading and managing compliance strategies in accordance with the relevant legislation and national standards including the VET Quality Framework;
- Ensuring policies and procedures are in accordance with The VET Quality Framework, government contracts and organisational needs;
- Manage the scope of registration, including updating, deleting or adding courses where required;
- Generating required reports where requested for governing bodies and other stakeholders in an accurate and timely manner;
- Liaising with and supporting compliance team staff in each state/territory, to enhance their abilities and further develop their capabilities in RTO compliance and related activities; and
- Preparing reports, briefs and correspondence on compliance activities and related topics to a range of stakeholders including the board, state/territory CEOs, and national committees, and provide input into related national policy and operational activities.
To be considered for this position you will have a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or equivalent) coupled with experience within the VET sector and an understanding of the requirements for continuing registration as an RTO. Ideally, you will have previous experience working within a NFP organisation
St John Ambulance Australia is looking for a highly organised and driven candidate with the proven ability to set priorities in order to achieve required outcomes. You will have strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and be comfortable working autonomously and in a team environment. Some interstate travel is a requirement of this position.
About the Benefits
This is a rewarding opportunity to truly make a difference and give back to the community within a reputable and long standing not-for-profit organisation.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you'll enjoy a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The St John Head Office provides a supportive, close-knit team environment, with an emphasis on mutually beneficial collaboration between departments and staff.
With the option to choose your location base and potential scope to negotiated flexible work arrangements, this role offers great work/life balance opportunities.
So what are you waiting for? If you are an experienced RTO Trainer looking for your next big opportunity - Apply Now!