South Brisbane, QLD
- Busy and varied role for a process-driven Bid Coordinator working across 4 business units - Civil, Building, Power and Water
- Well established and dynamic construction group in South Brisbane
- Attractive remuneration, negotiable with skills and experience
About the Organisation
Pensar Construction Group (Pensar) is a dynamic construction group with diverse expertise in civil, building and utility projects. Established in Brisbane in 2000, Pensar has earned an enviable reputation for quality and dependability, building longstanding partnerships with clients and contractors alike.
Working with a highly experienced multi-skilled team of professionals, the organisation is proud to be delivering outstanding service to customers and maintaining repeat business as well as growing new opportunities.
About the Opportunity
Pensar now has an opportunity for a highly organised, process driven Bid Coordinator to join their team based in South Brisbane on a full-time basis.
Working alongside the Marketing Manager, the Bid Coordinator plays a critical role within the business, managing and implementing the tendering process across Pensar's four business units - Civil, Building, Power and Water. The Bid Coordinator is accountable to the General Managers of each of these Business Units and will be expected to deliver material demonstrating good commercial awareness to maximise the capability of Pensar for tender submissions.
Some of your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating all facets of tender submissions, expressions of interest, panel submissions, and post tender clarifications to ensure complete and conforming documents,
- Developing tender timeline and plan processes, including organising meetings with key stakeholders during the tender process;
- Writing and editing highly technical submissions including compiling construction methodology, management plans, staff experience profiles and job data sheets;
- Using desktop publishing software (InDesign, Photoshop) to create 'first class' submissions;
- Circulating documents for feedback, response and final sign off;
- Compile non-price criteria documentation for tender submissions;
- Maintaining tender document library including staff profiles, certificates, images etc; and
- Filing final documents and tracking progress and outcome.
To be successful in this position you must have demonstrable experience working within a similar position, either as part of a Tender or Bid Department and/or in compiling client proposals within a marketing capacity. Whilst you won't be expected to compose construction methodology on your own, you will need to have at least a top level understanding of the construction industry to understand the technical nature of the content you will be dealing with on a daily basis.
In addition, as you will be primarily responsible for the final presentation of these documents, intermediate to advanced skills in InDesign and/or Photoshop would be advantageous.
Pensar is looking for an extremely organised individual who is resilient, strong-willed and confident in extracting information from four busy General Managers in a timely fashion in order to meet required deadlines. As you will be coordinating information from a number of different sources, a strong attention to detail and exceptional writing and proof reading skills are absolutely critical in order for you to succeed in this position. With multiple stakeholders, you will also need to be a strong team player and be comfortable navigating a variety of different personalities.
This role would be well-suited either to someone already within the construction industry that understands the technical requirements of the role and has strong writing ability; and/or someone from a marketing/tendering background who is familiar with the demands of working within a tendering environment.
About the Benefits
With a positive and collaborative work culture, Pensar comprises a close-knit team of diversely experienced, highly committed people.
The company has a tradition of providing its people with the opportunity and support to build their careers and enjoy their work.
In return for your hard work, you'll enjoy a competitive salary package negotiable based on your skills and experience, as well as ongoing support.
If you are a highly organised and driven Bid Coordinator looking for your next big opportunity - apply now!