South Brisbane, QLD
- Varied and busy role for an experienced trade qualified Electrician, Electrical or Mechanical Fitter working across Energex projects
- Well established and dynamic construction group in South Brisbane - great team culture
- Attractive remuneration up to $120,000 + super, negotiable with skills and experience
- Genuine career progression opportunities for the right person
About the Organisation
Pensar Construction Group (Pensar) is a dynamic construction group with diverse expertise in civil, building and utility projects. Established in Brisbane in 2000, Pensar has earned an enviable reputation for quality and dependability, building longstanding partnerships with clients and contractors alike.
Working with a highly experienced multi-skilled team of professionals, the organisation is proud to be delivering outstanding service to customers and maintaining repeat business as well as growing new opportunities.
About the Opportunity
Pensar now has an opportunity for a young and energetic Project Manager to join their team based in South Brisbane. This is a full-time Monday-Friday position, predominantly office based with time spent on-site as required.
Reporting to the General Manager - Power, the Project Manager plays a key role in the organisation, managing on-site construction and engineering functions for the projects they are assigned to, ensuring project time and budget objectives are met. Other areas of focus for this role will be construction programming, people management, project safety, risk management, quality assurance, financial forecasting and reporting.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Managing on-site construction and engineering functions for the purpose of achieving project time and budget objectives;
- Ensuring Pensar's project specific SWMS is understood by your team and being complied to;
- Proactively reporting project progress to the client, identifying key client milestones/requirements and ensuring these are communicated to your team and actively managed;
- Ensuring all team members, including sub-contractors, are meeting their contractual obligations and maintaining quality at a high standard; and
- Ensuring project costs are tracked, processed and communicated to relevant parties.
To be successful in this position you will be trade qualified as an Electrician, Electrical/Mechanical Fitter or similar, with at least a few years field experience working with/for Energex. Ideally you will also have qualifications as a Project Manager, however, candidates who have experience in or exposure to project management processes are also encouraged to apply.
Leading a team of between 10-20 people, previous people management experience will be critical to your success in this role. In addition, as you will often be working across multiple projects at any given time you will need to be highly organised, with the ability to multi-task and problem solve as issues arise.
Pensar is looking for candidates who are flexible in their approach, financially and technically savvy, safety conscious and willing to go the extra yard to get the job done. This position would be well suited to a hands-on, energetic leader with knowledge in the Energex sector, looking for an opportunity to fast-track their career with a well-known and reputable organisation.
About the Benefits
With a positive and collaborative work culture, Pensar comprises a close-knit team of diversely experienced, highly committed people.
Pensar has a tradition of providing its people with the opportunity and support to build their careers and enjoy their work. For the right candidate who can prove themselves in this role, there is genuine scope to move up into a Construction Manager position within the organisation.
In return for your hard work, you'll enjoy a competitive salary package up to $120,000 + super, negotiable based on your skills and experience. Tools of the trade including a car and phone are also included.
Working in a small and dynamic team, you'll enjoy a fun and social work environment with a group of people who often exercise together and catch up socially after hours.
So what are you waiting for? If you have the skill-set and experience we are looking for and are looking for an opportunity to fast track your career - apply now!